The Relaxed Mind Meditation Group
How do you get stuff done and do some good in this world without going crazy?
Work life can be creative and energizing. But constant change and the pressure of work can be the perfect recipe for stress and burnout. From a practical perspective, this undercuts your leadership effectiveness, and it isn’t conducive to innovation, creativity, and big-picture thinking. It’s also an unsatisfying way to live.
We are all leaders and mindfulness is a way to work with the highs and lows at work and cultivates a flexible, creative mindset that enables you to be in the world with insight, caring and confidence.
The Relaxed Mind.
We practice a series of meditations based on methods developed by modern meditation master, Kilung Rinpoche and shared in his book, The Relaxed Mind.
These meditations are refreshingly simple and designed for busy westerners. Rather than approaching meditation as yet another project, this approach brings together relaxation, mindful awareness, and compassion as a path to uncover your innate insight, compassion, and confidence.
We meet every other Thursday from 7:00 pm -8:30 pm in Newton Center. You Click here here to see class schedule.
We'd love to answer your questions and hear your ideas.
Jim Rosen: Jim founded and leads a coaching and leadership development firm that serves the startup community. Clients have included Yesware, Pixability, Influitive, Disruptor Beam and others.
Jim’s experience spans the breadth of both the business and the contemplative worlds. He’s a serial entrepreneur and an MIT graduate. He was a member of Netegrity’s founding management team, and has also held leadership roles in large software firms including Lotus and Genuity. Jim has been practicing, studying, and teaching meditation for decades. He has taught mindfulness and meditation practices in leading organizations including Yesware, Disruptor Beam, MIT, and Harvard University.
Susan Ryan: Susan has been a meditation instructor and course leader for decades, teaching thousands of people at all levels of practice. At the same time, Susan has been a businesswoman with an MBA from Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. She has held executive positions at Fleet Bank as well as run product development for international business at First Chicago, BayBank, and BankBoston. She currently is a principal in a New Haven commercial real estate firm that owns and manages properties in Connecticut and New York City.
1. How much does the class cost: We have a tiered pricing to encourage generosity and help support a variety of financial circumstances. The tiers are as follows:
- Drop-In Rate: $30 for a single class.
- Sustaining Level: $150 for 6 classes. This is the basic fee required by each participant to sustain the costs of the program.
- Supporting Level: $100 for 6 classes. This price allows people to attend the class at a discounted rate.
- My Price: This option is for those in unique situations for whom none of the above options are appropriate. Please consider the value of the program and practice generosity at the level appropriate for you.
2. Do I need to register: Please use the following link to register and pay for the class: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mindfulness-for-leaders-tickets-43129137411
Sign-up so we can keep you up to date on mindfulness programs.